How did you find this page? What brought you here? What websites have you visited thus far? How do you intend on using this advice to help yourself?
These are some quick examples of open-ended questions. Open-ended questions are awesome for conversation starters, don’t forget that! They also come in really handy to help extend a dialogue that might have otherwise become dead.
Your chances of getting past the first 10 seconds of interaction increase dramatically when you start with an open-ended question. Using closed-ended questions will allow somebody to just answer quickly and discontinue the conversation as quickly as it initiated. And you definitely don’t want that.
So what is an open-ended question? It is a question that cannot be answered with basic “yes”, “no.” They call upon a more abundant answer.
Some examples of questions that are not open-ended are shown below. These questions can be answered with just one word and the kind you should avoid asking the first time you speak to a girl. Particularly a girl you like!
- How are you today?
- Do you need any help with that?
- Can I help you find anything?
- Do you come here often?
- Can I buy you a drink?
- Did you come alone?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
So what’s the issue with this type of closed question? In reality, nothing. The above examples are okay forms of interaction with women. But you want more than just a basic interaction – you want a conversation. The point is to get the woman you like to open up a little bit. Open-ended questions are excellent at getting girls to open up. They allow you to keep the conversation flowing.
And the best part? You can come up with your own topics to fit the occasion.
For example, if you see a woman at the gym you could ask, “How do you like working out here?” But if you’re at the grocery store you might say, “I’ve never tried that fruit before, how does it taste?” I’ll give you some more examples at the end of the article to help get you going.
Now this isn’t to say you should put off close-ended questions completely. They come in handy once you find yourself speaking with a woman. Like when you ask her name (which is something you’ll positively ask at SOME point in the game). You may ask a woman, “Do you like the band?” and end up sharing reasons why the concert you are at is completely dreadful.Remember, first impressions are very important, you only have one chance to make a great first impression, so try to have an open-ended question ready to make YOUR first impression. I’ll give some examples of open-ended questions in a later post, so be sure to check back soon.
- Challenge: Small Talk (gentlemanscanteen.wordpress.com)
- The Interview Skills You’ll Need to Get That Job (careerfitnessguide.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Stumped By Open-Ended Personal Question in Florida Debate (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Do you catch yourself not listening? What are you sacrificing in return? (whatisyourrealquestion.wordpress.com)
- Grab students’ attention and interest to engage them with the lesson (mmselsectionc.wordpress.com)
- ‘None’ Beats Obama in Gallup’s ‘Most Admired’ Survey (usapartisan.com)
- Coping with Alzheimer’s or Dementia? Join Our $10,000 Family Reunion Contest (seniorcareminneapolis.net)
- The New Designer: Customer Insights and Co-creation (Part 6 of 8) (sessions.edu)
- Citi Dividend Platinum vs. Chase Freedom Visa: Which Is Better? (mymoneyblog.com)
- Is your Inbox full of shite? Tips on how to regain control of your inbox. (jobcontax.wordpress.com)